Set up a centre
Opening a centre
Debt advice work is life changing. It’s not just about money, it is about enabling people to escape from circumstances that have blighted their lives.
Debt can cause the breakdown of relationships, health, homelessness, depression, fear, anger and shame. It can also potentially lead to serious addiction problems and even suicide. If you are thinking of setting up a centre you need to be driven by compassion for those you are going to help.
Opening and running a debt advice centre using the CMA model starts with a clear vision and commitment to helping those in your community who are really struggling financially. It is important to understand that establishing a centre requires considerable organisation and hard work. Most importantly, once you begin to see clients, you and your team will be making an, often long-term, commitment to helping them.
All Community Money Advice centres must offer unconditional, completely free to client services and must operate within all current legislative requirements. If you decide this is right for you. CMA can provide you with the following to help you establish and maintain your centre. We keep our charges to a minimum, so that small as well as large groups can get involved in this work.
If you would like to know more about, the support CMA can offer or if you are interested in setting up a centre and would like to request an information visit from your local CMA Support Manager click on the links below. You can also access the CMA affiliation application form using the link below
CMA is able to offer the following to those investigating starting up a centre:
- Resource booklets, P&P templates and guides for everything you need to setup & run a centre
- A dedicated local Operations Support Manager (OSM) to help you through the whole startup process
- CMA bespoke adviser training program enabling complete novices to become trained generalist debt advisers
- Freephone & email adviceline twelve hours a day, five days a week
- Annual national conference
- Sector news & updates including guidance on legislative changes
- Catalyst CMA's bespoke debt management casework software and support
- Resource booklets, policies & procedure templates and guides for everything you need to setup and run a centre
You are life savers. I didn’t know what to do or where to go and was ready to do something stupid. You have shown me that my life is worth living - Mr D. CMA Client.