Community Money Advice (CMA) are a network of 190 centres in the UK, we train over 1000 debt advisers every year and we are currently supporting clients to manage over £63m of personal debt.
CMA relies on a combination of operational income, grants, and donations to fund the continuation of its work. We are not currently in receipt of any government funding. Donations, especially when Gift Aided, are of huge value to CMA - enabling us to continue our work in a sustainable manner. We very much appreciate any support you can offer in this way: it makes a difference to thousands of people every year.
As an example:
- A donation of £10 covers the cost and postage of a CMA enquirer's pack, full of information for groups interested in starting a debt advice service in their community
- A donation of £50 would pay for a display banner about CMA's services for a volunteer CMA Ambassador as they visit events, churches and community groups to talk about our work
- A donation of £750 would cover the cost of one of the essential debt option leaflets we provide for every client who comes through the doors each year
- A donation of £2000 would support our Adviceline system costs, providing specialist support to every adviser in the network who are supporting clients with complex cases
- A donation of £5000 would enable us to help significantly more clients by expanding capacity in our central Advisers Team
If you would like to support CMA financially there are several ways you can do this:
Give by regular or one-off donation through Give.net
Please go to the link below, click Donate Now, select how much you wish to give each month or as a one-off gift, - and if you are a UK Tax Payer please select the Gift Aid option too.
Your donation will go directly to fund CMA projects and services. This will enable more people to access free quality face-to-face advice, along with budgeting help and education, to help address the personal debt issue in this nation.
Give by regular Standing Order
You can set up a regular standing order to CMA by contacting your bank and making payment amounts of your choice. At your request we will send you our donations and gift aid form for you to complete and return to us. Please email [email protected] to request this form.
Please do complete the Gift Aid delaration section of the Donations form, if applicable, above and return it to us. This increases your gift to us by 25% at no extra cost to you, and really makes a big difference!
CMA also had a Trust Fund which has been established to offer two strands of financial support to a CMA Centre:
- To support a CMA Centre - focus on centres that are struggling financially and offering help in several key areas
- Clients - help for a centre’s clients that are struggling to save enough money to fund insolvency options and to provide access to funds to contribute to these costs
You can use the Donations Form for gifts to the CMA Trust Fund - please clearly reference your donation as 'Trust Fund'. Thank you.
Donate now by cheque
If you'd prefer to send a cheque, then please make it payable to Community Money Advice Ltd and post it to: CMA, c/o Illuminate, 18 Wyle Cop, Shrewsbury, SY1 1XB. All donations will be acknowledged with thanks when you've provided your contact details, unless you ask us not to.
Shop online and support CMA with Easyfundraising
Every time you shop, you can raise a donation for us and it won't cost you a penny extra. Just sign up to easyfundraising at http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/CMA and follow the steps to sign in.
When you shop online, visit easyfundraising first, clck through to the retailer and shop as normal. Everything costs exactly the same. With every purchase you'll make you'll raise a donation from the retailer, which will be transferred to CMA,
Send e-Cards and support CMA