Debt Adviser Job Opportunity - Liverpool
Jubilee Debt Advisor
Part-Time or Full-Time positions available
The Big Help Project
Would you like a rewarding role where you can make a positive difference to people’s lives?
Building on the foundation that has already been laid and working as part of the Community Money Advice Team, an exciting opportunity has arisen for experienced debt advisors to join our friendly team working in a client not target driven environment.
We are looking for people with prior debt or advice agency experience or who are willing to train to become a debt advisor, who can play their part in supporting clients through what at times can be emotionally difficult situations. You will be caring and professional, have genuine non-judgmental compassion, empathy and patience and be comfortable with the aims of the Big Help Project.
We offer flexible working, including the potential for a component of home-working and are recruiting to the equivalent of one and a half full-time posts.
Please apply to [email protected] with your CV and a letter explaining how you meet the person specification and outlining whether you are looking for full or part-time work. The closing date is 5pm Friday 20th August 2021. Interviews are planned for week beginning 24th August 2021.
Big Help is striving to be an equal opportunities employer.
Job title: Community Debt Advisor
35-hour week or part-time.
28 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays (or pro-rate for part time)
£22,000 pro rata
Community Debt Advisor
Working as part of the Big Help Jubilee Debt Advice team delivering an effective and caring community-based money advice service with a focus on in-depth support and help for people from our communities in need of money advice who are experiencing difficulties.
The job holder will be responsible for providing quality money and budgeting advice to clients.
Duties to include:
- Work within the Jubilee Debt Advice team to carry out all appropriate administrative tasks according to Jubilee Debt Advice procedures
- Undertake an initial assessment of client’s situation and needs producing an accurate financial statement reflecting the client's current circumstances
- Maximise a client’s income by way identifying and advising of entitlement to appropriate benefits and explaining budgeting skills
- Provide casework covering the whole range of debt advice to include DRO and Bankruptcy work
- Act for the client where necessary by calculating, negotiating and drafting or writing letters and telephoning clients
- Maintain detailed case records online using the IT case management system provided for the purpose of continuity of casework, statistical monitoring and report preparation
- Promote the Money Advice service amongst the Big Help projects, foodbanks and clubs with partner organisations in our communities
- Ensure good working and cross referral with the Welfare Advice team and other Big Help teams
- Keep up to date with legislations, case law, policies and procedures relating to debt advice, identify any trends or changes
- Participate in any appropriate training opportunities
- Undertake any other duties that may from time to time be required
- Maintain Big Help policies on Health and Safety, Safeguarding, Information security and other relevant policies as they relate to the Money Advice team
The position is accountable to the Debt Advice Manager